No doubt you will have read or heard about the Government’s plans to move out of the Coronavirus restrictions during the coming months.
Provided the plans do not change, as a member of the governing body of an organised sport, we will be permitted to resume group training activities from March 29th 2021. This means Tuesday 30th March will be our first club session of the restart.
We will still have to operate in a Covid secure way, practically this means:
- Group training has to be organised by the club
- We will need to keep a record of attendees for Track and Trace
- Members will be required to socially distance where possible and be considerate to others
- As soon as the session is over, the ‘Rule of 6’ will apply.
- Obviously, you must not attend training if you are required to self-isolate or if you feel unwell.
As a club, we feel it is our responsibility to act with consideration, so the following will apply to club training for the restart:
- Club Sessions will be publicised in advance on FaceBook – Probably by John Hussey for the Tuesday Improvers Group, by me for the Tuesday Advanced and by Richard Irvine/Becky Murray for the Thursday runs.
- The maximum group size will be 12, though group leaders may limit groups to six if the location or route of the run requires.
- You will need to pre-register to attend the session, in the same manner as last year, to enable us to plan sessions and manage group sizes. Capacity may be limited depending on the number of run leaders available.
- Group leaders will post the planned session and location each time. For Tuesday Advanced sessions, we will not be using the Eccup Reservoir path for the foreseeable future, we will use more spacious locations like last year – likely Roundhay Park, Bedquilts, Eccup Moor Road.
- Advanced Tuesday training will start at 6:30 pm, at least for the first couple of weeks, to enable us to complete in full daylight. After that we will ask for a consensus for a preferred start time.
These plans may of course change dependent on any Government announcements. We want as many people to be able to join in with group training as possible, so can I ask that as many qualified run leaders make themselves available to lead sessions as possible.
Let’s all hope this is the last time we have to go through this and that soon we finally get back to enjoying the sport we love and the community of our little club.