– Peco Sun 9 Feb
– Food Tue 11 Feb
– Events for juniors Spring/Summer 2020
– Race results for last 5 months
Peco XC Sunday 9 February
The next event in the Series is this Sunday at West Park Leeds. (Sorry for putting the wrong date in last week’s junior email, I hope you worked out the correct date).
Stormy conditions are forecast so we will not be bringing the gazebo. We do recommend you bring a bin bag or similar to keep your kit bag and belongings dry. We’ve received an email from the league to confirm that they’re planning to go ahead as planned but if the forecast deteriorates further they may be forced to cancel.
Assuming it goes ahead …
Before Sunday, please read the race information at http://pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race4.html . Please read the messages about parking. The course description mentions a stream crossing with big stones. Please go and look at this before the race so you know what to expect. If you’re planning to wear spikes, it is essential that you check this crossing.
Regarding your entry
– If you’ve already entered the series and ran event 1 or 2 or 3, then you don’t need to enter again, but do remember to bring your race number (NB if you’ve lost your number since then you will need to buy another at registration for £2.50)
– If you entered the series before event 3 but didn’t run either 1 or 2 or 3, then your number will be in a plastic bag hanging on the club banner on race day.
– If you entered the series after event 3, then your number will be in a plastic bag hanging on the club banner on race day.
– If you’ve not entered the series, you can enter on the day at the registration desk in the Dalesman.
– You don’t need to go to the registration desk if you’ve already entered.
We now have nearly 90 junior Striders (including waiting list) who have entered the series!
Training and Food on Tuesday 11 February
Apologies that we had to cancel food this Tuesday (4th) because of insufficient numbers.
We’re going to have another go, with the same menu, next Tuesday (11 th ).
Please read this post regarding revised arrangements
Just to note that if we have to reduce training, we will “select” those who ran at any track & field in Summer or any of Eccup, Pudsey, Kirkstall, WYXC, YorksXC, NorthXC. Leeds Primary Schools Final.
Please check the Events Page on the website on Tuesday lunchtime. https://www.valleystriders.org.uk/event/juniors-training-leos-31/
We will also post on Facebook and try to send an email to everyone, but we have been having difficulty sending to Hotmail accounts. Food will be served at 7:10pm, choose from
(a) Fish finger sandwich with chips
(b) Roasted vegetable baguette with chips
(c) Burger with chips
Please note that the cost is £3 per portion Please order to [email protected] (don’t reply to the juniors email address). Please place orders by Sunday 9 February 10pm and pay on the night If you need to cancel, do so by Monday 10 February 9:30am or else you are liable to pay (unless you let us know and we can re-sell your portion(s)
Junior events for spring and summer
I’ve compiled a list of events for juniors from 1 March
to 30 September, please take a look at
This post will be updated as the season progresses.
I’ve compiled race results from 1 September 2019 to 31
January 2020, see