We are pleased to advise that following the recent communication from England Athletics, the club feels that it is the right time to resume some group training activities.
We all must be mindful of the current government advice and for the time being, our training sessions will be a little different to the way they were before the Lockdown. It is up to you to decide if you want to join a club session and we fully understand if you don’t feel the time isn’t quite right for you yet.
The first thing to do is to read the EA advice on the return to restricted training activity: https://d192th1lqal2xm.cloudfront.net/2020/07/EA-return-to-activity-guidance-athletes-runners-240720.pdf
All our runners must adhere to this advice and we will ask you to confirm this before the session. You must not attend a session if you are self-isolating or if you feel unwell. Some of the key measures that will be in place for our sessions will be:
- You will have to pre-register (via Facebook or email) before attending a session. This is because the maximum number of runners in each group will be 12 (including the run leader). We may not be able to accommodate every runner who wishes to run if there are not enough run leaders available.
- We will keep a register of those attending each session and keep the data for 21 days to comply with track and trace requirements.
- Sessions will take place in open areas like public parks (e.g. Roundhay Park, Potternewton Park, Bedquilts) and the meeting point will be in the open. The Run Leader will advise the meeting point as well as outlining the intended session.
- You must respect social distancing at the meeting point and during the session.
- In case of a minor injury (e.g. trip or fall), you will have to carry contact details with you for someone that will be available to pick you up from the session. If this isn’t possible, then you must carry a face covering.
The first session will be on Tuesday 28th July.
Interval session at Bedquilts (Run Leaders James Tarran / Liz Adams): Meet 7pm on the field by the Car Park off Adel Lane (not St Helens Lane). 1.5 mile warm up. 10 minutes low tempo then 6 x 3 minutes. If you are planning to attend please comment on the Facebook post or email [email protected]
Improvers will restart on Tuesday 4th August at Roundhay Park led by John and Jean Hussey. Details including meeting time and place to be confirmed. If you are planning to attend please comment on the Facebook post or email [email protected]
We will continue to monitor the guidance, so please keep an eye on Facebook and this website in case things change at short notice. We intend to use a variety of venues across North Leeds in the coming weeks.
We plan to restart Thursday runs on August 20th – more details will be posted here and on Facebook when available.