– Juniors (and parents) food on Tuesday 17 September
– Events for juniors – including imminent deadlines
– Signing in sheets
– Lost property
This email is being sent to parents of junior members (read all sections) and parents of juniors on the waiting list (please read the “Events” section).
Food on Tuesday 17 September
43 juniors and parents came for the lasagne and/or mac’n’cheese after training on 3 September. This was the first food from our new Leos catering team.
The next date for food after junior training is Tuesday 17 September.
Menu – choice of
(a) Chicken Fajitas
(b) Vegetarian Fajitas
(c) Crispy Chicken Fajitas (no spice)
£3 per serving. Small children may share (an extra plate will be provided).
Please order by email to [email protected] saying how many of each option you require (you will get an acknowledgement email reply).
Order by Sunday 15 September 10pm. Pay on the night
If you don’t turn up, you’re still liable to pay. Cancellations accepted till Sunday 15 September 10pm. If you cancel after this, we will try and re-sell your order.
Events for Juniors
There was a V S Update email on 19 August and a Juniors Update email on 29 August
All of this information has now been consolidated onto a single page on the website
Please note there are some deadlines occurring in the next 2 weeks
– City of York Track and Field on Sunday 22 September, online entries close 18 September, entries on the day will be available
– West Yorkshire Cross Country League entries close 23 September
– Kirkstall Junior Race (ages 12 and above) and Mad Monk Meander (ages 11 and below) on Sunday 29 September, no entries on the day for either and Mad Monk Meander likely to sell out well before then (at time of writing there were 34 places left)
More details of all of these are in the “events for juniors” page mentioned above. Please read before you ask questions!
Note that Peco XC Junior Series entries will open soon but please await the discount code before entering, it will not sell out, details to follow in another “juniors” email.
Please ensure that your juniors sign in every week. This week at GSAL 49 juniors signed in, but looking through the Long Jump and 100 metres results, I found another 10 who hadn’t. This time I have added them to the log, but I won’t be doing that in future weeks; those who don’t sign in will be waiting longer for their 25, 50 or 100 medals.
The registers also count towards the two cups we award every 6 months. For more details of our awards see https://www.valleystriders.org.uk/juniors/awards/
A black hoody, brand “Papaya” size 12 was left at GSAL on Tuesday.
I have added this to my collection of lost property
– grey “Slazenger” hoody age 13 years
– pink / red / light blue “George” hoody age 9-10 years
– black with pink trim “Karrimor” long sleeve running shirt 9-10 years
– black “Decathlon” long sleeve running shirt 8 years
– Valley Striders T-shirt 9-11 years
All are pictured in posts in the Juniors FB Group
Each will cost £1 to reclaim and the proceeds will be donated to Lineham Farm Children’s Centre.