JOHN E SMITH CHALLENGE TROPHY
ELIGIBILITY RULES - 2006
The aim of the competition is to encourage more runners to participate by representing their club and having the potential to help their club win a trophy at ‘county’ level. It is aimed at encouraging the smaller clubs to participate in the league.
1. The competition will run alongside the main team championships.
2. The competition will be based only on the Senior Mens and Senior Ladies races
3. The competition will be open to all clubs who have NOT won TEAM medals in the 2 preceding years ie by finishing in 1st, 2nd or 3rd places in either the Senior Mens or Senior Womens Team Places in the Main Championships NOR won the J E Smith Challenge Trophy in the 2 preceding years.
4. Therefore, for 2006 the following clubs will be ineligible (based on the Team results for 2004 and 2005 seasons):
· BINGLEY HARRIERS (Men 3rd 2005)
· HALIFAX HARRIERS (J E Smith winners 2005)
· HOLMFIRTH HARRIERS (Women 1st 2005, Women 1st 2004)
· ILKLEY HARRIERS (Women 3rd 2005, Women 3rd 2004)
· KEIGHLEY & CRAVEN AC (Women 2nd 2004)
· LEEDS CITY AC (Men 1st 2005, Women 2nd 2005, Men 1st 2004)
· NESTLE ROWNTREE AC (Men 3rd 2004)
· PUDSEY & BRAMLEY (Men 2nd 2005, Men 2nd 2004)
5. In addition to the above, any other club team which wins a medal in the main championship in the current year (ie 2006) will become ineligible to qualify for the John E Smith Challenge Trophy in the current year.
6. Team scores will consist of the combined scores of the best 6 Men and best 4 ladies.
7. In both the Senior Mens and Senior Ladies Races the first man/woman will score 250 points, 2nd 249, 3rd 248 and so on. The highest combined score is the ‘winner’.
8. Teams with less than 6 Men and 4 Ladies will not be eliminated but will have the potential to score less points.
9. The John E Smith Challenge Trophy will be awarded to the winning ClubTeam and will be held for ONE year.