V S Update - 8 December 2017
- Membership renewal reminder
- Payments status
- V S with E A club coach
- Peco XC race 2 important information
- Xmas party 15 December - deadline 11 December
- Training on 12 December
- Yorkshire XC - deadline 12 December
- Training and food on 19 December
- Xmas Trees for Sale - deadline 25 December (!)
- Winter junior race and club handicap - 31 December
- Dishforth Dash - 25 March
- Fell Championship final table
- Sportshoes discount code
Membership renewal reminder
There are still some junior members to renew see www.valleystriders.org.uk/up171020junior.htm
Please ensure you pay to the correct account, check at www.valleystriders.org.uk/pay.htm
Payments for races, hoodies, buffs, Xmas etc
www.valleystriders.org.uk/pay.htm has links to all these, and also a new link listing everyone who is owing for older events (LCW etc) and also everyone who is in credit.
Valley Striders with England Athletics Club Coach
See https://www.englandathletics.org/england-athletics-news/valley-striders-running-club for a report on David Lowes' 3 coaching sessions at Valley Striders.
Peco XC - race 2 important information
Race 2 is at Golden Acre on 10 December.
Please read http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race2.html for general race information and maps.
Please check this on Sunday morning before setting off in case of any changes.
SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR VALLEY STRIDERS
- If you ran the first race, hopefully you
have kept your race number for race 2, otherwise you'll need to pay for a new
one at the queries / guests table at registration
- If you were registered for the first race but did not run, your number will be by the V S Flag and/or Gazebo on race day (these will be near registration). Junior numbers are sorted by school year, adult numbers by M/F and surname
- If you didn't register but want to run race 2, then
- seniors must register themselves as a guest on race day
- juniors, email email@example.com before race day and pick up their number from Bob who will be in the registration area
All Valley Striders should wear club colours i.e. white* vest/top with black lettering. Those without an official club vest/top should wear plain white. (* Or off-white if it's been washed many times)
NOTE THE RACE START TIMES
- Junior 1 Mile Race (School Year 2 - 6):
9.45am, 1.1 miles approx. (registration opens 8:15)
- Junior XC Challenge (School Year 7 - 12): 10.00am, 1.9 miles approx. (registration opens 8:15)
- Senior Ladies (16 and over*): 10.30am, 4.7 miles approx. (registration opens 9:00)
- Senior Men (16 and over*): 11.30am, 4.7 miles approx. (registration opens 10:00).
NOTE THE INFORMATION ABOUT PARKING
See the official website http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race2.html for details of parking (or to be more accurate, lack of parking)
Note that the routes of all races are not suitable for spikes due to tree roots etc.
Remaining dates/venues are 7 Jan at Roundhay, 21 Jan at Middleton Park, 11 Feb at Templenewsam.
NB this is the first race in the 2018 Valley Striders Grand Prix.
Xmas Party (from Joe Hanney and Becky Murray) (deadline 11 December)
Only 1 week to go until the Valley Striders Christmas Party on 15th December! The cost is £16 per head to include food (2 courses) and a live band, as well as the chance to celebrate the year's achievements with a range of awards and prizes. There will also be the famous Valley Striders raffle! Final details with timings will be posted the week before the event.
To secure your place, please make your payment of £16 per head to the VS Payments account - Sort code: 53-70-00, a/c number: 72143851. Please reference with your full name and 'Xmas'. Bookings are only confirmed once we have received your payment. Please let us know on the event post in the VSAC Members FB group or at the email address below if you require vegetarian / vegan food. DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT - Monday 11th December at 10pm.
Click http://valleystriders.org.uk/payments.htm to check that your payment has been received
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond to you as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Training on 12 December
Beginners/improvers and Juniors 6pm at Leos
Advanced and intermediate runners 7pm at Leeds Beckett Park track (see front page of website for more information and links to maps)
Yorkshire XC Championships (deadline 12 December)
are taking place at
Lightwater Valley on Saturday 6th January 2018.
- Senior and U20 Women - 8,140m at 12.50pm
- Senior and U20 Men - 10,220m at 2.10pm
- also U13/U15/U17 categories (ages at 31 August 2017) from 11.00 a.m. onwards
Note that the minimum age is 11 on race day.
If you'd like to run please email email@example.com by 10pm on Tuesday 12th December.
Please also transfer £7 (all age groups) to
- Sort Code: 53-70-00
- A/c Number: 72143851
- Reference to include your name and "Yorks XC"
If you are also entering the Northern XC please send separate emails and separate payments.
Training and food on 19 December
All sessions meet at Leos.
There will be curry after the 6pm session. To order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 10pm on Sunday 17th, saying whether you want a full portion (£4) or a half portion (£2) and whether you want meat or veggie curry.
Northern XC Championships (deadline 9 January)
Xmas trees for sale (from Tony at Leos)
If anyone would like a tree please text me 07903 : 778 : 918 with the size of tree they want and I will text them back with a price, if that's agreeable we can arrange date and time of delivery.
Winter junior races and club handicap - 31 December
We will be holding our quarterly junior 1
mile races and club handicap by Eccup Reservoir on the morning of Sunday 31
- 1 mile race for school years 1 to 6 at 10:30a.m
- 1 mile race for school years 7 to 12 at 10:45a.m.
- club handicap 5 miles at 11:00a.m.
These races are open to all club members, prospective members and juniors on the waiting list, also to friends of club members.
We are also planning a junior training session 10a.m. on Thursday 28 December, details to follow. This will also be open to those on the waiting list and friends of V S juniors.
Dishforth Dash 10k (from Tim Crossland)
Entries can be made online now on the Run Britain website for the Dishforth Dash 10k. This is a new race which takes place at the Airfield on Sunday 25th March 2018
V S Fell Championship Final Table
League table is updated on the website to include results of Shepherd's Skyline, Harriers v Cyclists, Tour of Pendle and Leg It Round Lathkil. This is likely to be the final table www.valleystriders.org.uk/vsfc2017.xls
Discount code for www.sportsshoes.com
Members of Valley Striders can have a 10% discount and free delivery on purchases.
This is available to all members of Valley Striders including juniors, cyclists and triathletes.
Please don't share this code with people who are not a member of VS and please do not copy to any social media site open to the public.
The code for this month is: see Facebook!