V S Update - 15 November 2017
- VSAC Annual General Meeting on 21 November
- Training on 21 November
- Food on 21 November
- Thursday and Sunday training
- Hoodie Collection
- Peco information, race numbers and registration
- Junior membership renewals
- Yorkshire and Northern XC entries
- Baildon Boundary Way
- LCW mementos
- Additional results from Abbey Dash
VSAC Annual General Meeting on 21 November
The Annual General Meeting will take place at Leo's on the 21st November.
Food will be available from 8:00 (see below) and the meeting will start at 8:45.
An event for the AGM will be created on Facebook.
All members are welcome to attend and it would also be great if some parents of junior members came.
Training on 21 November
All sessions meet at Leos
To accommodate the AGM the 7pm training session will finish slightly earlier.
We're trialling a new Drills and Hills session using King Lane and surrounding streets. Liz Wood will be leading the drills. The hill reps will be a different format to what we normally do.
NB don't go to High Ashes!
Food on 21 November
Food will be available to everyone. On the
menu is pie and peas. To order, please email
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for food after the 6pm session)
- email@example.com (for food after the 7pm session, serving will start at 8pm)
before 10pm on Sunday 19th, saying
- whether you want a full portion (£4) or a half portion (£2)
- whether you want meat pie or veggie bake
- whether you want mushy peas or baked beans
Please note that orders definitely won't be taken via Facebook
Thursday and Sunday Training
The V S Updates usually have details about Tuesday training but rarely about Thursday or Sunday training.
To find out about the "main" and "intermediates" Thursday sessions and the Sunday sessions go to the VSAC Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/291402584033/events/
This group is open to all paid-up Valley Striders members.
Hoodie Collection (from Bethany Lovell)
The hoodies are due to arrive on Friday 17th November, opportunities to collect will be:
- Roundhay Parkrun on Saturday 18th -
collection from Stephen Lovell at grey Audi estate car parked in Mansion car
park (Mansion Lane) from 8:35am until 8:55am
- Roundhay Junior Parkrun on Sunday 19th - collection from Bethany Lovell at grey Audi estate car parked in Mansion car park (Mansion Lane) from 8:35am until 8:50am
- VSAC AGM on 21st - from Steph Gledhill
- PECO at Nostell Priory on 26th - from Bethany Lovell, probably in the new club tent, it depends how far it is from the car park and how many hoodies are still to be collected - I can't carry 50 hoodies! I'll update Facebook on the day.
If none of these are suitable for you, please contact Bethany via her Facebook posts in the VSAC or VSAC Juniors Facebook groups.
Peco XC - entries and late entries
We have 111 adults and 63 juniors pre-entered - see www.valleystriders.org.uk/vsteams.htm
Race 1, Sunday 26 November at Nostell Priory, see http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race1.html
On race day see above instructions re parking, note that this is £2 but free if you are a National Trust member
If you are on the
- please pick up your race number from the Valley Striders gazebo
- NB juniors, if you arrive before the gazebo, pick up your number from by the Valley Striders flag
- then go to registration, showing your race number
- adults pay the race fee (£3)
- juniors need not pay (but parents must sign in)
If you haven't pre-entered
- adults may register as guests, this will cost £3 for a race number plus the race entry fee. You will not count for club points but will count for subsequent races.
- juniors who contact me firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 22nd will be given instructions (when I find out the arrangements!)
- juniors who just turn up will need to pay the £2 fee for the race number plus the £1 for race entry.
All Valley Striders should, if possible, wear Valley Striders vests or T-shirts, see www.valleystriders.org.uk/justjoined.htm for where to buy them. If you aren't able to get a VS top in time for the first race, please wear a plain white top.
The race instructions say "not suitable for spikes"; this applies to adults and the junior 2 mile race; the junior 1 mile is suitable for spikes but these definitely aren't essential as their route forms part of the adult route.
Look out for the next V S Update for any additional information.
Junior Membership Renewals Due
Membership fees for juniors are due whether or not you are intending to enter the Peco XC races.
Please transfer £33 to the "AC
Sort Code: 53-70-00
A/c Number: 72143878
Put your name and "PECO" or "NO PECO" in the reference to let us know whether or not you want to run Pecos (we can still register people for race 2 onwards).
NB if you've not registered for Peco but want to run a race then email email@example.com at least a week before the race you want to run.
We also have a "limited training" membership for those who can attend 10 or fewer training sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about this.
Yorkshire XC Championships
are taking place at
Lightwater Valley on Saturday 6th January 2018.
- Senior and U20 Women - 8,140m at 12.50pm
- Senior and U20 Men - 10,220m at 2.10pm
- also U13/U15/U17 categories (ages at 31 August 2017) from 11.00 a.m. onwards
If you'd like to run please email email@example.com by 10pm on Tuesday 12th December.
Please also transfer £7 (all age groups) to
- Sort Code: 53-70-00
- A/c Number: 72143851
- Reference to include your name and "Yorks XC"
If you are also entering the Northern XC please send separate emails and separate payments.
Northern XC Championships
are taking place at Harewood House on Saturday
27th January 2018
- Senior Women - 8K at 2.15pm
- Senior Men - 12K at 3.05pm
- also U13/U15/U17/U20 categories (ages at 31 August 2017) from 11.00 a.m. onwards
If you'd like to run please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 10pm on Tuesday 9th January.
Please also transfer £8 (adults and under-20)
or £7 (juniors under-17) to "AC Payments"
- Sort Code: 53-70-00
- A/c Number: 72143851
- Reference to include your name and "Northern XC"
If you are also entering the Yorkshire XC please send separate emails and separate payments.
We are hoping that a lot of V S members will run this event as it is on our doorstep.
Baildon Boundary Way
Baildon Runners wish to announce that entries for the 24th Baildon Boundary Way (a trail half marathon) that takes place on Sunday, 8 April 2018 open at 8:00am on Saturday, 25 November 2017 at: https://bookitzone.com/emma_stoney/ba2FFX
Note that this race is usually in the Valley Striders Grand Prix.
Leeds Country Way Mementos
The mementos from the 2017 event are now in the left-hand metal cabinet in the store room at Leos.
Just 3 extra results, these will be added to the Grand Prix results and table