Subject: V S Weekly Update - Leeds VS parkrun, Curry, LCW, Joe's results
Sent: 01 August 2013 23:49
Leeds parkrun 3 August – runners and vests needed
We’re all set up for Saturday, so thank you to everyone who has volunteered to set up and/or marshal and/or be a pacer, and thank you in advance to everyone who is coming to run.
Just a few extra notes
· Set-up people please come for just after 8:00 (unless Alex has said earlier!)
· Pacers please come for 8:30 (unless Alex has said earlier!). I recommend that before the race you attempt the first 1km (or even 2km) at your intended pace speed and see what it feels like. Don’t forget your watch!
· Runners please come in your VS vests.
· Marshals please bring your VS vests so that you can lend them to any new Striders who haven’t yet got a vest.
· Anyone else wanting to help will be most welcome and found a job to do.
· Everyone please help clear up afterwards!
· Then we’ll go to the University Union Refectory (café!) (look out for the blue plaque for the “Who – Live at Leeds”)
Tuesday 6 August food
Message from Mr Food – Tony will be putting on a curry night for the next food evening and if people would like dine with us, the options will be chicken curry with rice and pita bread for £3 and there will be a vegetarian option also. Please confirm orders by 10pm on Sunday 4th August to firstname.lastname@example.org advising whether you would like the meat or vegetarian option, whether you’d like apple pie and whether you will be at the first sitting (7:15pm) or second sitting (8:30).
Leeds Country Way – Sunday 1 September
We have entered 5 teams, runners have now been allocated to teams, the team lists are at www.valleystriders.org,uk/vsteams.htm .
We currently have 7 reserves. (we had 8 a couple of days ago). Anyone else wanting to run (or be a reserve) still email email@example.com .
Shortly we will be appointing leg captains who are responsible for co-ordinating recce runs and, on the day, getting all 10 runners to the start at the right time and making sure everyone has race numbers.
If any of the reserves want to come on one or more of the recce runs, we’ll put them in touch with the leg captains of any leg they are interested in running,
Edale Skyline – message from Steve Dixon
Entries are now open
Skyrac Track Results
Joe Sherman runs for Skyrac on the track. In the West Yorkshire Track Event last weekend he came 6th in the 600mtrs in a time of 1:56:98 and 10th in the 75mtrs in a time of 12:40 - pretty good for a 10 year old runner whose strength is endurance running (parkrun PB 20:42 at Roundhay)
Pudsey 10k (correction)
54 Alan Walsh 45:30
See you on Saturday and/or Tuesday!